Preparation Time - 15 Minutes
Cooking Time - 20 Minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR METHI MUTHIAS
1 cup cleaned, washed and chopped methi leaves
1 cup besan or gram flour
½ tea spoonful chilli powder
½ tea spoonful jeera powder
Salt to taste (preferably himalayan rock salt)
1 -2 cups water to make dough
Oil - for Deep frying
STEPS / METHOD TO MAKE FRIED METHI MUTHIAS
- In a clean bowl, add in the gram flour + chopped methi leaves, chilli powder, jeera powder and salt. Mix well and make into a firm dough.
- Make into cylindrical shaped dumplings and set aside
- In a clean frying pan, heat oil and deep fry the methi dumplings till golden brown.
- For those looking at a more healthier version, place the dumplings in a steamer with enough space between them. Steam the dumplings for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the muthias with tomato sauce or mint chutney. Enjoy your evening snack with tea or lemon juice!